Most of the members of CCC are not from Thailand originally, and many aren’t even from Asia. We find ourselves here seeking a Christian home away from home. Since travel is an integral part of life here, we make all of our sermons available to anyone anywhere, so that even if you miss a few sermons in the series, you’ll be able to follow along as you travel and not miss a beat when you’re next able to join us in the Sanctuary.
Sermons are available to stream or to download at your convenience. Click here for the catalog.
We all arrive in Bangkok a bit weary. Thailand can be overwhelming to any newcomer – the sights, the sounds, the smells – they’re all fully saturated. Welcome to the CCC Community – We are excited that you are here, and we’re ready to greet you and provide a place of community with others who seek to glorify God in all we do.
We invite anyone to join us for worship, whether you’re already a believer or interested in finding out more about Christian life.
Our young South African Pastor Andrew Pennels leads with passion, commitment, humour and compassion. His goal is to nurture our spiritual growth, engage us with God’s Word, and equip us to live lives which use our God-given gifts and shine the love of Christ within our sphere of influence – whether that be in the workplace, at home, within our friend circles, in the local community, in volunteer work….whatever it may be.
Our stated Vision is To Be The Church, To Be and Create Disciples, To Reach the Nations, and To Love the World. Too lofty? Not at all!
When we absorb and engage with the calling of God, and its life-changing message, the love and forgiveness that we, ourselves, receive has profound implications for our daily lives.
A desire to seek God in the middle of our decisions, in our actions and in what we say, a compassion for the poor and the needy, a desire to learn more about God (‘being a disciple’), a desire that others we know and love should also hear God’s message of redemption leads to prayer that God will beckon them to Him… these are all ways that we ‘Are the Church’, can ‘Be and Create Disciples’, and ‘Love the World’!
We are in the unique position of bringing together many people who, for the majority, move around the world on international assignments… what better way than to spiritually feed and nurture faith before they once again move to another country, taking their faith and gifts and talents with them? We do, indeed, ‘Reach the Nations’ and ‘Love the World’!
Whether you’ve already arrived or you’re still planning your move, we invite you to reach out! E-mail email@example.com and tell us about yourself and we’ll get you in touch with the right leader(s) who will be so happy to help answer questions and greet you personally.
We strongly believe that we are only saved by the grace of our all powerful God, and that the mark of a changed life is the fruit that it produces. We also know that our body of believers at CCC is made up of many different parts and that in order for us to be a healthy functioning body, every part must be involved. To this end, all of our ministries are actively engaged in equipping Gods people to carry out the mission and vision that He has given us as a Church. In everything we do we hold to Christ as our centre, and it is only through the wisdom and strength that He provides that we are enabled to do the work of making disciples and reaching the nations. We have an elected Board comprising our Elders and Deacons who respectively walk alongside Pastor Andrew ensuring the Spiritual vision is dynamically implemented in all ministries, and that the management of the Church is kept running smoothly.
We know that God has not brought you here to merely be a spectator! Here are the areas for you to get involved:
- Outward Ministry: Focussing on which projects and Missionaries to support. These are spread throughout Thailand, from the borders of Laos and Cambodia to right on our doorstep. Tackling problems of poverty, human trafficking, orphans, disabled challenges, education etc, whilst showing God’s love is the coalface of this Ministry. There is a deep well of need, and you can be a part of tackling it.
- Encouraging Women: Over 60 women meet weekly to study God’s Word in designated studies, led by facilitators. This is a community wide outreach, and hugely valued and enjoyed by women in our community. We encourage you to join.
- After the Boxes Ministry: Another valued and much enjoyed outreach to the community, this helps newcomers to come to terms with the transitions of moving homes, and countries.
- Life Groups: Making our small Church larger by encouraging friendships, broadening our understanding through study, fostering our faith… and having fun!
- English as a Second Language: Community wide outreach to those for whom English is not their first language. 70+ people including Thais and Burmese. It is a fun, dynamic and hugely rewarding place to engage. No formal teacher training required!
- Worship Ministry: Led by our passionate young Leaders, Sunday Worship creates music by our congregants. If you sing or play an instrument, we are waiting to hear from you!
- Kids’ Ministry: From Elementary through Middle School, every Sunday, during Church Service, kids are loved, encouraged and spiritually fed through our fantastic team of Leaders and teachers in a separate programme. Always on the look out for more teachers, so that the commitment can shared, we WANT to hear from you!
- Nursery Ministry: Caring for the smallest of our congregation, Nursery offers a loving environment where the Teenies do craft, sing, are cuddled and generally hear about Jesus and his love while their parents do the same in ‘Big Church’ (without the craft and the cuddles). We would love your help!
- Youth Ministry: For our older kids in High School, the age at which many of whom are searching for their equilibrium – we encourage our High Schoolers, and help them to see the value of Christ in their lives, and how to navigate what can be turbulent years. We do this by discussions and fun times, but mainly through fostering real and reliable relationships for them to lean into. Incorporating an awesome Beach Retreat on a ‘desert island’ paradise and other fun trips, Youth Ministry works hard to make a difference. Join them!
- Prayer Ministry: We are called to consistently pray about everything… and this is what we do at CCC. Prayer is at the forefront of all our work, and all of our life. Corporate prayer takes place through weekly prayer requests for the Body to pray over during the week, and Life Groups are a powerful means of praying as a small group together. Prayer Ministry takes up prayers that are requested, and they ensure committed prayer takes place on their behalf. Please join!
- Greeter Ministry: We want to welcome you! And this is what this Ministry does every Sunday… Ensuring everyone receives a smile and a Bulletin, this is a friendly team to join 🙂
- Elders and Deacons: Elected at our Annual General Meeting, these Leaders are key to our Church’s spiritual health and governance. If you are called to participate in this area, and have the gifts and spiritual health to do so, we welcome you.
With a huge number of families in our midst, we are very mindful of our younger congregants, and we have a wonderful Children’s Ministry, Youth and Nursery programs to help everyone feel at home the minute they walk through the door.
We look forward to meeting you, or seeing you again!